Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday = Happy Friday




There is something about getting a good deal that has been instilled in me since birth and it makes me so excited. It also creates a desire to tell everyone what a good deal I got. It is a McMurray girl trait, but I thought I would share our Black Friday adventures.

It started yesterday of course looking through the ads - which I love - then waking up at 12:45am to be ready for Walmart's sales to open online. We were trying for an HDTV and a Blu Ray player (with the intention of selling the Blu Ray Player). We missed the Blu Ray palyer, but got the TV. Sadly, you couldn't do site to store pickup so we had to pay $25 shipping.

2:45am got online for Sears sales. Since we are moving we are getting various appliances (Refrigerator, washer, dryer). Sears had a pair of HE front loading washer/dryers for a lot off. We were able to get the dryer, but the washer was sold out. Somehow at the last minute, I tried one more time and miraculously got the washer. WooHoo!.

4:15am lined up at Walmart - I thought there would be a lot more people for coming so late, but it was still chaos. When the doors opened they also opened a side door and we were able to be like the first 15 or so in the store. Richard ran ahead and got the Blu Ray player and the TV! (we thought there was no chance coming so late). So now we have a Blu Ray Player and a TV for sale as we don't need two TVs. We also got a few miscellaneous items: ornaments, stuff for my sister Laura and an 8gb USB drive for me.

5:30am Headed to Sears - We knew we were way earlier than we needed to be, but it was the last place we really wanted to hit for stuff that wouldn't be around later. We got a $25 gift card for being the first 200 in line, got a refrigerator with water and ice maker for $400 off (plus our $25 gift card). We thought it was stainless steel, but apparently it is Silver Mist color instead. We were still happy. We also got a 4gb Ipod Nano which we intend to sell. They also had a DVD Player and Wall.E DVD for cheap with your purchase. We went to check out our credit card was declined and we called the company and they had put a hold on it for multiple hits that morning. (D'oh) They took it off though and got things straightened out - needless to say, next year we will bring at least 1 check with us. They told us we would have to wait in line again (which was now about 2 hours long) But, I was not ready to stand in any more long lines today. Come on, I'm pregnant. I was tired, hungry and had to go to the bathroom. So, I went to customer service and they helped us check out so we could be on our merry way -phew.

What a rush of a day. I know to many of you not as exciting of a post as this day was to us, but it is one of our favorite days of the year. Although we spent a lot, we got great deals on things we need/want for the house and hopefully some great things to sell to subsidize those items further. :) Happy Holidays!

Summary:
Keeping
1 HDTV
8gb USB Drive
Washer/Dryer
Refrigerator

Selling:
1 HDTV
Blu Ray Player
4gb Ipod Nano
DVD Player
Wall.E DVD

No comments: