Saturday, November 22, 2008

A House!

We found a wonderful home in Centerville and count it as a huge blessing that last Friday they accepted our offer. We know it is nothing short of diving intervention to have such a wonderful first home in a wonderful location. We will miss our great friends and neighbors here in "the village", but we invite you all over anytime to play Nintendo Wii,particularly if you want to play, Dance Dance Revolution. All in a week's time we have had the offer accepted, loan approved, inspection and appraisal done, a second inspection to check out a couple things and just today we had our final walk through. It will be wonderful to have a home for our new baby girl too, which we are so excited to have!

Some specs on the home:
- Centerville, Utah
- SouthEast of Target/Walmart/Kohl's/Library/America First, and just off Centerville Freeway exit and Legacy highway. (aka great location)
- 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, master bath and a full bath upstairs
- living room, laundry, storage all downstairs
- 2 car garage with a walkout basement
- Big beautiful trees in the front and back yard and a nice deck
- The yard is fully fenced and has sprinklers
- We will have a washer/dryer and dishwasher - all amenities we have not had since we have been married over 3 1/2 yeears
- Our microwave is also over the stove, and so will be staying, and will fit a 9x13 pan which I am very excited about.
-The master bedroom has a small walkout deck and the basement also has a wood burning fireplace
- there are big windows in the upstairs living room which let in a lot of light
- You have to go up stairs to get anywhere - a flight from the front door and then you get to the basement down a flight of stairs from the kitchen - kind of interesting, but fine.
- I don't think I mentioned it is ALL BRICK. Every house we looked at was pretty much west of the freeway or even west of redwood and was generally vinyl siding which can look really nice, but wow, all brick.
- I am within 10 minutes of my parents, Richards parents, my sister-in-law, 1 brother, 1 sister, my best friend and a close friend I went to physical therapy school with (She is actually in my ward too and just had a baby - yippee)

Needless to say, I think it is obvious to see the blessings here.
We will be moving in officially Saturday December 13th, but hopefully getting some cleaning done and moving a few things prior to that date. We are closing this Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, and we are soooo excited.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so exciting. What a great location and how great that you already have a friend nearby.

Maureen said...

That was really me leaving a comment. I didn't know Christian was logged in.

Meg said...

I was curious that Christian was reading our blog, but now it makes sense. I just wouldn't expect Christian to be reading it and leaving comments. (not that it couldn't happen)

Saundi said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you!