Well, Lyndie has started actually attempted to breast and bottle feed. She was able to eat a few mL. Unfortunately this wore her out and she had an apnea bradycardia (A&B) spell where her heart rate and sats drop. I hate it. It made her turn blue and the nurse had to get oxygen on her to help her come back up. They say this is normal for preemies to do, especially when they are starting to eat. She had two more in the evening as well. I remember someone telling me in the beginning there would be ups and downs, but I still like to think my baby is big and coming home, but I guess this is just a reminder she is still small and has some growing to do. As she gets down sucking, swallowing and breathing it should be better. Preemies are still developing their brains and sometimes forget to breathe and regulate their heart rate. We love you Lyndie, keep growing.
No comments:
Post a Comment