Thursday, February 25, 2010

One Year ago

One year ago, we brought Lyndie home from the hospital. She was born 7 weeks early and spent her first 5 weeks of life in the the hospital learning to eat, breathe and keep her heart rate up. She was 5 lbs 7oz and 19 3/4 inches long. (Imagine if she had gone full term!)

Stats: (at 1 year appointment)
* Weight: 16 lbs 8 oz <5%
* Height: 29 1/2" 75%
* Says: Kitty or Cat Kitty, Doggy, Fish, Baby, Gama (Grandma), Mama, Dada, Pretty, Keys, duck, cack (quack), Aaa Aaa Aaa (what the monkey says)
* Likes to: Get into everything, Stand up to whatever she can, press piano keys, go for walks, blow bubbles, be outside, be tickled.
* Dislikes: having anything taken away from her, being confined (aka having to sit still at church)
* Favorite foods: Noodles, meat, fruit, string cheese, hot dogs
* Teeth: 12
* Mommy loves: to get hugs and kisses from lyndie, read stories together and go on walks
* Daddy loves: baby wrestle and play with toys

We love our little girl and have been so blessed to have her in our home the last year. Now for some photos.

Picture of Lyndie a few minutes old


First Day at home


3 months old First Easter


6 months old First Food


9 months and first Halloween



1 year old!!!

9 comments:

Janelle said...

That was a great post, she is a cutie!! Happy Birthday a month ago Lyndie!

Melanie said...

Lyndie is sooo adorable!!! Isn't crazy how fast time flies?!

Jeana said...

Wow, that little girl is just a doll. Seriously nothing is better than bringing your little one home after a stay in the NICU. Thanks for helping me through that crazy time, you're awesome!

Maureen said...

She's such a cutie! How time flies! I love to hear all the words she knows. How fun.

Carly Ann said...

She's so beautiful. I can't believe she has twelve teeth! Jesse only has eight. Um and hello, 75% in height! Well, she has two tall parents, so I guess that makes sense. I still have memories of you complaining and/or bragging about your height when we were kids. Ah, good times!

Meg said...

Carly: I have a picture of us where I remember thinking "is Carly on her knees and I am standing?" Nope, You were just that tiny. That's why I felt like a giant because my best friend was a shrimp! :)

Carly Ann said...

Ah man that's hilarious!!

Rui Z said...

Wow! Time flies! Did I know that she came 7 weeks early?? I am just so happy to see her growing cuter and cuter!!

Maren said...

I can't believe how fast she is changing! I hate that I have to miss my cute little niece growing up! I find it funny that Nicholas and Lyndie couldn't look more different.