This last week I got off my final brace. I had surgery on wrist back in September to repair my torn TFCC and shorten my ulna which was too long and not letting it heal. I have learned to be thankful for many things, some things I was already thankful for, but grew even more thankful. Here are a few things:
Richard, could not have done this without him, total emotional, physical and amazing support through the whole thing.
My sweet girls They were so helpful and good. They were still my girls, but they knew Mommy's wrist was hurt and tried their best. Lyndie would rub it and kiss it to make it feel better. Brianna is so mellow and cooperative, I am convinced no other 18+month old would lay still for a diaper change, just because mommy asked them to.
Good family, friends, neighbors who brought many a dinners (we had so many dinners I didn't cook for like 2 months), cleaned my house, helped with my girls and invited them over for play dates, even people who took me along places or drove me places since I couldn't drive for the first few weeks
Left-handed scissors
Lysol wipes
All of my fingers, toes, elbows, forearms etc that I could still use and do things in a new way
Clothes that don't button, snap, tie or zip
Simplifying my life
Many prayers, thoughts, calls and even offers to help, knowing I had support helped tremendously
Of course Heavenly Father and my Savior. They gave me strength to go ahead and schedule the surgery knowing I had all the support I wrote about above and me knowing they would be with me every step of the way.
No, my surgery wasn't the end of the world, really life threatening or difficult, but I was so worried about taking care of my family for 3 months without using my right hand. Heavenly Father placed all these things in my life to help me. He knows the details of our lives and cares and loves us.
Family slideshow
2 years ago
1 comment:
So glad you are healed and doing better! Sorry I didn't do more to actually help :)
Post a Comment