Friday, February 18, 2011

Funny recent Lyndie things I want to remember

* Putting Lyndie to bed each night she requests books to have in her crib by name. She had a Joann's ad in her stack tonight. When she saw it was in her crib she excitedly exclaimed, "ads!!!!"
* She is also has started asking for "Margaret Brown Wise" at night - a book, "My World of Color", by Margaret Wise Brown. That one took us a minute to figure out what she was asking for.
* She affectionately call me and Richard, Mommy Megan and Daddy Richard (as opposed too? ..) I think it makes us sound polygamist.
* This one is not so funny, but is just Lyndie right now. She has more than hit the terrible twos, I thought I was handling things pretty well, but she is back in the biting phase. This time when she is really mad she bites herself - not sure what to do about this one. The last week has been, well let's just say most days could have gone better.
* During the day she will tell me things are hers, "That's my milk, that's MY movie" She has added to her list; "That's MY mom", or "that's MY dad".
* While shopping in the store she will frequently yell out "No people, No like people" She doesn't like to share, not even the grocery store with anyone else. Today she told the lady behind us at the checkout who was about to put her stuff on the conveyor belt behind ours "No, no!" while wagging her finger. I explained to Lyndie that there was a bar to divide our stuff and she could put her stuff on as well. (I also apologized to the lady and explained Lyndie is 2)
* After going out to dinner with Richard's parents, Lyndie wanted to go home with grandma and grandpa. She wouldn't come back to us from Grandma and told Richard "Get Carseat out of car, put in Grandpa's car". Richard's parents were kind enough to us and Lyndie and let her go home with them for a little while. She also wanted Grandma's mail while we were there and wanted to take home all the "coupons" (value mail, Grandma again obliged.
* We stopped at my parents, she again got the value mail and Grandma Lorna obliged and let Lyndie take her coupons as well. Lyndie also loves receipts (coupons, ads, receipts, oh my!)
* She frequently requests to get samples at Target, for lunch, anytime we pass Target or anytime she thinks about it.
* All day she tells us things are "a little loud" She tells Grandma Lorna that "Mariokart is a little loud" and to "turn it down" At our house it is one of her movies or games, Baby Beethoven, Wii Tennis etc. Said randomly throughout the day whether they are on or not. I have even tried muting them and she still tells this to me.
* All in all we love our little girl. She has had some monster tantrums the last little bit, but these are some of the things (well, most of these things) That make me smile and help me get through the day. Aaah, two year olds.

5 comments:

Melissa Stringham said...

Funny girl! Hannah was a lot like that at two too, it was rough sometimes - I think being pregnant makes it harder. Good news is that they grow out of most of that stuff around age 3! (although 3 presents a whole new set of challenges). What a funny and smart girl you have.

Brian and Tonya said...

What a cutie. Thanks for sharing these fun memories. :)

Carly Ann said...

Ahh two year olds is right....I had a very depressing thought today. Because we are having all our children two years apart, I'm going to have a two year old almost consistently for the next like ten years....but the cute funny moments all make it worth it...most days! Yesterday at dinner, Jesse said, "Mom, when Daddy is older, he can breastfeed Jonah." Direct quote. He also calls "The Charleston" dance "The Cheerio Spin." Awesome.

Katie said...

I'm glad to hear that Lucy is acting like "a normal 2 year old" ;) Everything is "MINE", biting or pushing and having LOVELY tantrums... the joys of motherhood!! Hope we can get together soon... sounds like Lucy and Lyndie would get along great ;)

Rui Z said...

I can't believe she is already two. I really enjoyed reading what she does. I hear a lot people say about something about the two years olds, but I guess I'll get to have one of those in a year, too.