Monday, August 1, 2011

And the rains came tumbling down

My morning started off with this



The rain came so fast and so quickly the storm drain in front of our house couldn't handle it. The water rose over the curb in minutes. It was literally a whirlpool over the storm drain. Thanks to our great neighbors for help in a moment of need. The water was about 2+ inches high on our garage door and some water made it into our garage, but thankfully none into our home. I realized our two filled sandbags won't cut it. We now have more sandbags filled for the future. Ironically, the lesson at church yesterday was on emergency preparedness.

3 comments:

Bekster P said...

Amazing! I thought about it too. And Bishop Tullis said we weren't in a flood plain.... Ha! Glad it didn't get into your house

Janelle said...

I'm glad it didn't get in your house, what a blessing!

jkl warner said...

That is just crazy! Glad your house was okay!