Monday, February 16, 2009

Another Day

The last couple of days have gone great. I really think the Zantac has made all of the difference. Lyndie is able to eat all she is supposed to without stopping 10-15 mL short. She is also not having A's and B's (apnea bradycardia) with eating. That was until this afternoon. She seemed to choke a little when she was eating. She was upset because I was fixing her oxygen (which reminded her she was wearing it and hates it) and I think that led to her choking a little. I only had to pat her back to help her come back this time. Still upsetting. I was thinking, if this happened at home any child could choke a little and you would pat their back to help them recover and everything would be fine. The problem is since this has been going on it is hard to tell what is an isolated incident versus something else.

Friday she was supposed to have a swallow study, but due to lack of coordination was rescheduled for tomorrow. I have to laugh a bit because when I came into the hospital for preterm labor it was the Friday before Martin Luther King Jr Day. They wanted to do an ultrasound, but it was late in the day, then the weekend, then the holiday, so they discharged me for a whopping 12 hours until my water broke and I had to come back. Now, Lyndie was supposed to have her study, but then it was the weekend and President's Day and now she should have it tomorrow. A little bit of Deja Vous.

The good news. I think Zantac is helping her A&B's and the incident today was unrelated to the others. Bad news. She likes to pull tricks every day so I am just waiting to see what tomorrow brings. Good news. She is just so cute I guess I can handle the hospital a little longer.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I am sooo glad that the Zantac is helping, yay! Keep the updates coming, she is so precious :) I wish I could see her more! By the way, my little niece also had apnea which they believe was caused by reflux.

Maureen said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear good news. I'm hoping you get to take her home soon.