Lyndie had her first pediatrician appointment today. Everything looked great. They will continue weight checks once a week for probably a month and will do her immunizations next week. No big changes except the
NICU called and said
Lyndie was exposed to pertussis by one of the nurses while she was there. They are starting her on
Azythromicin prophylacticly, but she can only have close adult family over to visit to limit her exposure since she is at an even greater increased risk of getting sick now. (Not too different, it would have been adults only anyway) They are also putting her back on the apnea monitors because if she starts to get sick the apnea can come back. The good news is she will have oxygen here and if she has any spells we can take care of her better. Hopefully she will pass this by and not get sick, but it will just be a waiting game for about 2 weeks.
2 comments:
I am so happy to hear that your little girl has made it home. I am so so sorry/sad I could not make it to your shower - I had to work. I have a gift for you though and would look to bring it to you. Let me know when Lyndie is well enough for a visit - No worries I can wait, I get it the need to precausions! Love and miss you guys!
I am dying to see more pictures. Please post them ASAP. Or maybe I can see her when I come up this week? I don't know if she can have visitors yet.
Post a Comment