Sunday, May 4, 2008

Free a Convict! - Sunday



The next day was Sunday so not too much exploring occurred. We did cross the street from our hotel to the beach and walked around. There were some tide pools, but nothing in them, but the water and beach was gorgeous. Just upon leaving and checking the tide pools one more time we found a fish that was barely in enough water to survive. So I had no choice but to "free the Convict" (Convict being the type of fish). I picked up the fish and threw it back into the water. I felt good I had done my good deed for the day. We then went to 3 hours of church which seemed like an eternity after serving up at Primary Childrens and having 1/2 hour sacrament meetings. It was good though. It was testimony meeting and it was interesting that every person who bore their testimony started with "My dear brothers and sisters, Aloha" in which the crowd responded to with "Alo-o-ha". I loved it.
We traveled up the west side of Maui to see some pretty spots, a blow hole, a place called Dragon's teeth (because of the water and wind the rocks have formed into what looks like Dragon's teeth), a lighthouse that looked more like an outhose with a light on it and a really cool place called the Iao needle. The Iao needle is a mountain peak which used to be used as a lookout in ancient war times and is gorgeous. Completely green and rainforest like. The road to get there was pretty scary, but a lot of fun.

No comments: