Well, Monday we had a bit of shopping to do because we had not picked up really any groceries except a few things for Sunday since we got in so late on Sunday. We went to Costco and Walmart which takes a bit of time. We did however get up Monday morning and go snorkeling across the street from our hotel at the beach. This was a lot of fun and there were a few awesome fish that were blue and yellow. Mostly small though.
We then got Shaved ice which is a Hawaiian treat just like it sounds, but they put flavoring in it, vanilla ice cream on the bottom and you can get something called Haupia on the top which is a very yummy sweet coconut cream. Very good. I need to learn how to make these.
Since it was Cinco De Mayo we went to lunch for Mexican food and I had a chimichanga that was good and if you are ever in Maui I can recommend it for you.
Monday afternoon we went to the aquarium which was also really neat. They had lots and lots of fish. One of my favorites was a unicorn fish because it has a horn right about its mouth which makes it look like a nose and I think makes it look like a human in fish form. They also had turtles, sharks, "petting pool" and a clear glass walkway tube that the shark, stingrays and fish would swim through and it would be like you are right there with them.
We tried to go the plantation to take a tram to see how things are grown, but we just missed the last tram, I guess they felt bad for us so they gave us 6 free tickets to come back later. They tickets were $11 each so I guess it really paid off to come late.
No comments:
Post a Comment