Tuesday was our Anniversary and we had a lot of fun. We started the day with an early morning snorkeling trip that started at 6:30am. We went over to Molikini and saw a ton of cool fish including the state fish, humuhumunukunukuapua'a, and an eel. (we also saw my favorite unicorn fish) We then went to "Turtle Town" where we saw lots of sea turtles. One came up right by the boat and didn't have much of anywhere to turn so it came right towards me in the water. Also at the end people were starting to get into a boat, but I saw another turtle coming up so I swam to it and had it all to myself for a minute. It just swam along side me and we had a nice afternoon.
We came home and got cleaned up and returned to the plantation for our free tram. Funny enough we missed the tram again, but it wasn't the last one so we stuck around and had a Hawaiian lesson. We also learned how to cut and taste pineapple and coconut. Pineapple is apparently good when it starts to turn orange on the outside triangles and coconut you never know until you crack it open.
Tuesday evening we went to a Luau which was a lot of fun. It was at the most beautiful resort. It was a big feast with lots of dancers and my favorite, fire dancers. I didn't love the sand pit roasted pig, but oddly enough I liked the steak (for any of you who don't know, I don't really like steak). Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment