Thursday, May 1, 2008

Graduation and Advocacy

Well, tonight was my graduation from the U of U PT department. (It just gained department status, prior to about a week ago it was still a division) I have finished my doctorate and it is time to move on to the real world. It feels sooo good to be done, but hardly real yet. I am still awaiting my test results from national exam to get licensed too. As a new grad though I thought I would add a post to advocate for the profession. Stanley Paris is a 70 year old physical therapist who is training to swim the English Channel to raise funds for PT research and raise awareness for the profession. You can see his blog at http://www.stanleyparis.blogspot.com/ and get more information at www.apta.org/parisswim. What an amazing challenge. Thanks to all of you who helped me to graduate, you are all wonderful!

No comments: